Aloha to all who love Hawaii:
We are asking for prayers even more during this severe tropical weather season. The news, as well as the “coconut wireless,” have all been a buzz with the word that hurricanes Iselle and Julio are heading toward our beloved Hawaiian Islands.
According to http://www.khon2.com the following watches/warnings are in effect as of this morning:
- A hurricane warning is in effect for Hawaii County.
- A tropical storm warning is in effect for Maui County (Maui, Molokai, Lanai and Kahoolawe) and Oahu.
- A tropical storm warning is in effect for Kauai County (Kauai and Niihau).
- A flash flood watch is in effect for all of the Hawaiian islands.
Ways to Pray:
- For peace, wisdom & preparedness for all who reside on the Hawaiian Islands.
- For Iselle & Julio to weaken greatly & divert away from the islands.
- For minimal damage to occur.
- For provision for any clean-up and repairs (if needed).
- For everyone to be safe, without harm.
How to Stay Connected:
via Instagram: Pray Hawaii . Island Gypsy Hawaii
via Twitter: Pray Hawaii . Island Gypsy Hawaii
via Facebook: Pray Hawaii . Island Gypsy Hawaii
Where to Find Weather Updates & Storm/Safety Information:
Mashable created an interesting article about storms & hurricanes on the islands: here.
Photo from outside our home: (Wednesday afternoon, left; Thursday morning, right)
Our family resides on Maui, and our kids are home from school for the next two days in anticipation of the storm, as are all Maui kids. Thank you for your prayers for all of the Hawaiian Islands, our ohana and the land. We’ll update this blog as we’re able. Mahalo for your prayers!
To all the beautiful people of Hawaii.
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of uncertainty and fear. May a rainbow of love and god protect you like a umbrella of light and goodness. Please god protect the people of Hawaii and all of it’s creatures that we love so dearly….🌈
Pingback: Things Maui Mamas Say When Preparing for a Hurricane | Island Gypsy Hawaii